VOLLEYBALL FOR COMMUNITIES
1) COACHES CORNER
VBNU is looking at helping communities resume and/or start community volleyball programs. VBNU will be developing a 'COACHES CORNER' page that coaches can access for resources.
These resources will include:
Videos of Volleyball Drills
Strength and Conditioning Plans
Links to watching Volleyball matches (Team Canada, Olympics, U-sport)
Online Training with our Team Nunavut coaches
**Must be a coaching member to receive access to 'COACHES CORNER'.**
Email email@example.com for your 'COACHES CORNER' password.
2) COMMUNITY VOLLEYBALL FUNDING GRANT
Volleyball Nunavut will be launching 'Community Volleyball Funding Grants.'
This Grant is to help communities in Nunavut develop and host community leagues and tournaments throughout the year.
The VBNU – Community Event Grant provides funding for communities which work to meet the following through volleyball.
• encourage active healthy lifestyles
• build strong communities
• nurture lifelong participation in sport
• facilitate development of events
• enhance social sustainability
• support effective management and operation of sport, recreation and cultural facilities
Communities seeking funding support from Volleyball Nunavut through the grant program administered by should be aware of and aligned with one or more these core principles.
The 'Community Volleyball Funding Grant' is to recognize and support events that enrich the community through volleyball and sport.
1) Community League Grant - $2000.00 + Clothing Prizes
• Communities that will be hosting a community League for 8+ weeks.
• Must have competitions at least once a week.
• League must be completed by March 31, 2022.
• Can be a 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. Co-ed or separate men’s and women’s leagues.
2) Community Tournament Grants - $1200.00 + Clothing Prizes
• Communities that will be hosting minimum of two community tournaments.
• Tournaments must be completed by March 31, 2022.
• Can be a 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6. Co-ed or Men’s and Women’s Tournaments.
'RETURN TO VOLLEYBALL' Guidelines must be followed. See Guidelines
All participants MUST be members of Volleyball Nunavut - VBNU MEMBERSHIP FORM
APPLICATION ANNOUNCEMENT: OCTOBER 5, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: UNTIL FUNDING IS GONE
Grant funding can be used to offset the costs of the following:
Equipment – Equipment needed to host event.
Marketing and Advertising of event
Administration costs – (printing, hosting costs)
Grant funding cannot be used for the following:
Costs for food or beverages
Infrastructure and/or Capital Costs
Facility / Gym Rentals
- Communities should be donating facilities for such events